Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I'm notoriously known for judging other people based on their tastes in movies, music, and books. Now I feel it's time for me to confess a few of my own. (Rest assured, I do still find a few guilty pleasures unforgivable...everyone who loves Twilight, I'm looking at you.)


Short is the joy that guilty pleasures bring...




Miley Cyrus - See You Again (Rock Mafia Remix)

I want to preface this by saying that I find Miley Cyrus to be one of the most annoying people on the planet. As a result, I almost feel like this song was wasted on her, but I do love it, and it's impossible not to sing along with once you get it in your head. Especially the 'My best friend Leslie said 'Oh, she's just being Miley!' part. I'm pretty sure Miley's bff is that girl Mandy who is in all of her Youtube videos. Poor Leslie, dropped like a bad habit once Miley made it big...but I'm sure she'll turn up for the E! True Hollywood Story.



Selena Gomez - Falling Down

Selena Gomez looks exactly like a real life Bratz doll to me. That said, I happened to watch the Princess Protection Program movie and immediately decided that she's super cute. Not cute in the traditional sugary sweet Disney kid way. Cute in the kind of way too sassy for her own good, we'll probably be hearing about her cussing out an assistant and throwing a cell phone at their head in the future way.



The Rachel Zoe Project.

I can't really figure out why I watch this show. The actual content is incredibly boring, the outfits that they put together are mostly fugly. Taylor hates everything, Rachel is only mildly interesting, and Brad is too fabulous for words and should spin off immediately. What I'm really fascinated by is the butchering of the language, of course. Where. Everything. Is. It's. Own. Sentence? With. Like. Random. Questions? Thrown. Into. The. Middle? Of. Them. Oh. My. God. I. Died. Bananas. Shut. It. Down? Vintage. Chanel. You get the picture.




Britney Spears - The Circus Tour

Right around the time that Britney went bat shit, I developed a soft spot for her music. Blackout and Circus have become two of my most played cds ever. As a result, when she took her psycho circus on the road, I was totally tapped in. I love the shades of crazy that we still get, like when she starts talking about Christmas in the middle of the summer and things of that nature. I think I can safely say that I've seen all of this show via Youtube, and my favorite numbers are the first two. Circus and Piece of me are as well staged as they could be for an artist that never sings and doesn't dance anymore. A bonus in this video is Britney ripping out one of her awesome extensions at the 7:22 mark.



I fully expected to hate Glee, and then fell in love with it so hard that I'm eagerly seeking out the performances for the next episode that surface a few day before it airs. Thankfully it stays as far away from taking it self seriously as possible, because if this show came off the least bit pretentious, it would be over. It's fun and light and written to be quite snappy and sarcastic, but the music is where it really shines. I'd pretty much watch Lea Michele and Amber Riley sing the phone book for an hour every Wednesday and be happy about it.

I'm hoping that in calling out a few of my own guilty pleasures, I can now be on the road to recovery. The first step to healing is admitting that you have a problem. God grant me the serenity...

No comments: