Monday, April 14, 2008

Maggie makes a promise!

It's well documented that I'm terribly anal about my music collection. Everything is meticulously tagged and organized, with correct track names, album art, etc. The problem with this is that every time I add a new album to my external hard drive, I have to go through the entire song and dance of adding it to my iTunes and Zune software, and tinkering with the names until everything falls perfectly into place and all is right with the world. I always find something else to fix (the next undertaking will be updating everything so it falls into the correct genre. Why? I'm not sure.)

The only problem with my extreme obsessive compulsive tendencies over my music collection is that I have so much music, and so much that I'll never get around to listening to that its almost disturbing. iTunes alone harbors 66.05 (37.2 days) of music, and thats just the tip of the iceberg. My hard drive is the home of well over 100 gigs of music. From Aaliyah to Zero 7, tons and tons of albums, most of which I'll probably never ever listen to.

So my personal challenge is this: once a week I'm going to try and listen to an album that I have, but have never listened to before. I'll step away from the Matt Nathanson's of the world and expand my musical horizons a bit. There are sure to be hilarious reviews to come!

No comments: