Friday, October 3, 2008

I'm not a princess...

Well I am, but that's another blog for another day. Let me just preface this by saying that I am not a country music fan...like, at all. There's something in the twang and how every song is about the same damn thing that makes me insane. There are exactly two country songs that I have ever admitted to liking in my 26 years of existing. The first is a song by The Wreckers called Leave the Pieces. The Wreckers barely register to me as country because I was such a huge Michelle Branch fan, and there are a few reasons that this song means something special to me.

The next song came to me by way of Grey's Anatomy which admittedly is how I've found a lot of the songs and artists that I've fallen in love with over the past few years. That said, Taylor Swift has been on and off my radar since she appeared. Not really on a musical level since I couldn't recall one of her songs if you paid me, but I've seen her on various shows and always thought she seemed cute and fun, and I could see why she appealed to people, but I immediately just assumed that I wouldn't fall in love with any of her songs.

Boy was I WRONG.



I've pretty much been listening to White Horse on a loop for the past day and a half. It's a simple song, beautifully delivered, and as it always goes for me, the lyrics totally get me. I love it.

No comments: